Welcome to Hyundai Capital America
Throughout this Policy, the terms "we," "us" and "our" refer to Hyundai Capital America. This Policy describes the types of information that we collect from you on the Sites and any other means (such as email or offline activities), what we do with this information, with whom we share this information, and how you can update the information you provide on the Sites and any other means (such as email or offline activities).
- The personally identifiable information that we collect depends on the transactions you request.
- We use the personally identifiable information we collect to complete transactions you request.
- We do not sell, rent, or lease the information you provide us. In order to help provide our services to you, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
- General Privacy Statement
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
- Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- Normal Website Usage and Cookies
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
- Log Files
- Do Not Track Signals
- Accuracy of Your Information
- Confidentiality, Security, and Data Retention
- Children's Privacy
- How to Contact Us
1. General Privacy Statement
Your privacy and trust are very important to Hyundai Capital America. This Policy addresses what personal information we collect and how it is handled. This Policy applies to Hyundai Capital America and includes this Website and our “Careers”, “Investor Relations”, and “Circle of Excellence” websites (collectively, the "Sites"), which are owned or controlled by Hyundai Capital America (a California corporation using the trade names of Genesis Finance, Hyundai Motor Finance, and Kia Motors Finance), although software, hosting and other functions and content may be provided by third parties.
This Policy describes the types of information that Hyundai Capital America collects from you on the Sites and by any other means (such as email or offline activities), what we do with this information, with whom we share this information, and how you can update the information you provide on the Sites and by any other means (such as email or offline activities).
2. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect the following types of personally identifiable information about you:
- Information that is required for you to register and log in to the “Careers” or “Investor Relations” websites;
- Information we receive from you on applications for employment; and
- Information we receive from you to provide correspondence such as your name, address, and email address.
The providing of any data to HCA is voluntary on your part. If you do not wish us to have any specific information, you may choose not to provide that information or choose not to participate in the transaction that is requesting it.
This information is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data and used to fulfill your request.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
By registering on this Website (through the “Careers” site or the “Investor Relations” site) you agree to our contacting you using the registration information you provide.
- We do not sell the data we collect from you
- We may share the data you provide in order to perform background checks related to your job application.
- We will share data we collect from/or about you as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
4. Normal Website Usage and Cookies
You can visit the Sites to read about product, investment, and company information without telling us who you are and without revealing any personally identifiable information. During these types of visits, we collect and store statistical information on an anonymous basis, such as the information about the time and length of your visit, the website you last visited, the pages you request, and the date and time of those requests. We may also collect and store the name of your Internet Service Provider.
5. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) help us better manage content on the Sites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
6. Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Sites, to track user’s movements around the Sites and to improve our Sites usability.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
7. Do Not Track Signals
Our Sites do not currently actively respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or mechanisms.
8. Accuracy of Your Information
Your information may be updated by logging into the applicable web site for Careers or Investor Relations. From there, select the option to edit your profile and make updates as necessary.
9. Confidentiality, Security, and Data Retention
We restrict access to personally identifiable information about you, including but not limited to your contact information, to those employees and other persons hired by us who need to know the information to provide products and services to you and to otherwise service your account(s) with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards to guard your personally identifiable information.
If you choose to complete and submit our Online Employment Application, or to access your Online Account Services through our Sites, your personally identifiable information will be protected during transmission by an encryption process.
We will retain your information in accordance with our data retention policy and schedule.
10. Children's Privacy
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), nor do we market products or services to such children. We request that children do not provide personally identifiable information through our Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website.
12. How to Contact Us
We continuously strive to comply with all applicable federal and state privacy laws. You can contact our privacy office with any privacy related questions through the following:
- Email: Privacy@hcamerica.com
- Postal Mail: Chief Privacy Officer, 4000 MacArthur Blvd., Newport Beach, CA 92660
Effective Date of this Policy 6/14/2017