Hyundai Capital America (HCA) Privacy Notice Highlights
Privacy and consumer trust is very important to us at Hyundai Capital America. This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to the Hyundai Capital America website (the "Site"), which is owned or controlled by Hyundai Capital America (a California corporation using the trade names of Hyundai Motor Finance and Kia Motors Finance), although software, hosting and other functions and content may be provided by third parties. Throughout the Site, the terms "we," "us" and "our" refer to Hyundai Capital America. This Statement describes the types of information that Hyundai Capital America collects from visitors to the Site, what we do with this information, with whom we share this information, and how visitors can update the information they provide on the Site. This Statement also applies to any other web sites or information provided to the Hyundai Capital America by any other means (such as email or offline activities).
While information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our customers' trust. Our goal is to protect your information.
- The personal information that we collect depends on the products and services you have with us.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from affiliates and non-affiliates.
- We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request.
- We use your information to inform you of other products or services offered by us and our affiliates.
- We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. In order to help provide our services to you, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
Call toll–free (800) 523-4030
- General Privacy Statement
- Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
- Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- Normal Website Usage and Cookies
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
- Log Files
- Do Not Track Signals
- Your Privacy Choices
- Your Marketing Choices
- Accuracy of Your Information
- Confidentiality, Security, and Data Retention
- Children's Privacy
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Vermont Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
Privacy and consumer trust is very important to us at Hyundai Capital America. This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to Hyundai Capital America (the "Site"), which is owned or controlled by Hyundai Capital America (a California corporation using the trade names of Hyundai Motor Finance and Kia Motors Finance), although software, hosting and other functions and content may be provided by third parties. Throughout the Site, the terms "we," "us" and "our" refer to Hyundai Capital America. This Statement describes the types of information that Hyundai Capital America collects from visitors to the Site, what we do with this information, with whom we share this information, and how visitors can update the information they provide on the Site. This Statement also applies to any other web sites or information provided to the Hyundai Capital America by any other means (such as email or offline activities). While information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our customers' trust. Our goal is to protect your information.
We may collect the following types of personally identifiable information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications for credit or other forms, such as your contact information, assets and income; and
- Information that is required for you to register and log in for your Online Account, such as your account number, e-mail address, vehicle identification number, Social Security Number, and zip code; and
- Information we receive from you about your transactions with us, or from affiliates (as permitted by law), or others such as account balances, payment history or account activity.
- Information to provide correspondence (e.g., promotions and mailed brochures) such as your name and address.
- Information from non-affiliates (as authorized by you) to enable us to complete your transactions.
If you are our customer, we may use and/or disclose all of the information that we collect from you and former customers, as described below.
- Customer DataTo the extent permitted by law and in accordance the Hyundai Capital America Customer Privacy Notice, the personally identifiable information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and non-affiliates as follows:
This information is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data and used to fulfill your request.We do not disclose personally identifiable information about you from your credit application or any credit reporting agencies, except as permitted by law.
Affiliates – Our affiliates include companies with a Hyundai name (except dealers); financial companies such as Hyundai Capital Services; and nonfinancial companies such as Hyundai Motor America.
Non-affiliates we share with can include dealers, insurance companies, banks and other lenders, and direct marketers, including retailers.
Joint Marketing - Companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or for other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, such as insurance companies, credit card companies, and other financial service companies.
- No Sale of DataWe do not sell the data we collect from you, regardless of whether or not you are our customer.
- Disclosure Required by LawWe will share data we collect from or about you as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
You can visit our Site to read about product, investment, and company information, or use some of our online tools (e.g., Which Vehicles Can I Afford? and Payment Estimator) without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. During these types of visits, we collect and store statistical information on an anonymous basis, such as the information about the time and length of your visit, the website you last visited, the pages you request, and the date and time of those requests. We may also collect and store the name of your Internet Service Provider.
Clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to improve our Site usability.
We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Our site does not currently actively respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or mechanisms.
If you are our customer, you may have certain privacy choices under applicable federal and state privacy laws. To update your sharing preferences please call, toll-free, 1-877-827-4884. Our menu will prompt you through your choices.
You may tell us about your preferences for receiving marketing materials from us as follows:
- Email/Text: To unsubscribe from any promotional email or text that we may send to you, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each such communication.
- Internet: You can provide us with your marketing preferences when you log into your account by visiting the “My Profile” tab and clicking on “Email Alerts” and “Preferences.”
You will be able to update or change your preferences about receiving our marketing materials at any time.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls.
You may submit corrections or changes to your personally identifiable information by contacting us by:
- Phone: Toll-free 1-800-523-4030
- Postal Mail: Hyundai Capital America P.O. Box 20829 Fountain Valley, CA 92728-0829
- Fax: (714) 965-0520
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you, including your social security number, to those employees and other persons hired by us who need to know the information to provide products and services to you and to otherwise service your account(s) with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you choose to complete and submit our Online Credit Application, or to access your Online Account Services through our Site , your personal information will be protected during transmission by an encryption process.
We will retain your information in accordance with our data retention policy and schedule.
Our site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), nor do we market products or services to such children. We request that children do not provide personal information through our site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website.
We will not disclose any of your nonpublic personal information to our affiliates or to nonaffiliated financial companies who market or offer financial products or services under a joint marketing agreement with us, without first giving you notice and the opportunity to opt out. We also do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliates without first obtaining your express written consent, unless permitted by law.
We automatically limit the sharing of your information as if you elected to limit the sharing as described on page 1 of the Hyundai Capital America Customer Privacy Notice. With respect to sharing with nonaffiliated financial companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we limit the information to your name, contact information and information about your transactions and experiences with us. We also do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliates without first obtaining your express written consent, unless permitted by law.
We continuously strive to comply with all applicable federal and state privacy laws. You can contact our privacy office with any privacy related questions through the following:
- Phone: Toll free at (800) 523-4030.
- Email: Privacy@hcamerica.com
- Postal Mail: Privacy Department, 3161 Michelson Drive, Ste 1900, Irvine, CA 92612
Effective Date of this Policy 1/1/14